We absolutely love when Guest GMs join us on Fandible. We’ve already had several GMs bring a game they adore or are creating and run it for us. We would love to have more! If you are interested in being a Guest GM for Fandible, you can reach out to us a few ways:
- email us at Fandible@gmail.com
- DM us on Twitter @Fandible
- Find us at a con and talk to us in person!
- Send a telepathic message to the Fandi-Toaster. If it burns our toast… we’ll know.
We would be happy to playtest a new game of yours or just have you on to showcase your GMing abilities. Sadly, we cannot have everyone on but we will do everything in our power to make it happen! Most guest GMs join us for a game when they’re visiting or local to New York City, but if you have a good audio setup at home to record, we can arrange a virtual game as well. Another option is if we’re at the same convention, we could meet up there.
If you want to hear some of our Guest GMs in action, check out the following episodes!
Before you start throwing all your telepathic skills towards the Fandi-Toaster, know there are a few guidelines when GMing for Fandible
- If you are doing a Kickstarter, we need to record a month before you want us to post the game. The more time you give us to edit our podcast, the better it will sound!
- You have to be okay with using the X-Card, or similar safety mechanic in the game.
- No sexual violence of any kind.
- On that note – no sex. While many games are exploring adult relationships and sexuality in interesting ways, we find that those stories work best in a group where all parties are already close friends.
- We aren’t looking to explore racism, sexism, and homophobia. We are fine if Dwarfs hate Elves but when it takes on a real world tone, we don’t want that.
- Don’t be a butthead.
- We are fairly rule’s light but we will try our best to tackle crunchier systems. However, if the game you want to run has three hundred moving parts to it, know that our minds might collectively explode half way.
- You’ll need to supply us with the rules prior to the game.
- You’ll need to create characters prior to the game or help us create them prior to the day of the recording.
If you think you can handle these rules, we’d love to try out whatever game you want to throw at us! We look forward to hearing from you and for the future adventure you’ll lead us through.